If you have questions or problems logging into databases off campus, contact Gail Stucky.
In order to search all of our EBSCO databases when off-campus, you need to log in. There are several ways to do this.
1. Use your email prefix*/campus ID to login using this link: BC OFF-CAMPUS PATRON ACCESS (this is new!) Note: the start screen will list ALL EBSCO databases. Pick the EBSCOhost link for databases like Academic Search Premier and CINAHL. (To see screenshots of the process, go to the bottom box on this page.)
*"email prefix" is what comes BEFORE @bethelks.edu. So, for firstname.lastname@example.org, "hermanbubbert" is the email prefix.
2. When ON CAMPUS, set up a "My EBSCOhost" account. (Here are INSTRUCTIONS.) Once that account is set up, you can log in remotely. USE THE LINK ON THE LIBRARY HOMEPAGE YOU NORMALLY USE FOR ON-CAMPUS ACCESS. Plus, with a My EBSCOHost account, you can save search results, persistent links to searches, search alerts, journal alerts, and web pages to your personal My EBSCOhost folder.
3. Ask for a user name/password combination from Gail Stucky. We've used this method for years and will phase it out at the end of Spring 2017.
The library catalog is freely accessible.
BC students/faculty/staff only: To login to your account (useful for seeing what you have checked out and/or to renew items), go to the My Account tab and enter your institution ID (the number on your campus ID) and your last name.
Use this method if you want to:
--use databases such as ProQuest Allied Health or Nexis Uni.
--access files you've saved on the campus server
Click HERE for instructions from IMS for how to use the Windows Remote Desktop
To login into ProQuest Ebook Central use your email prefix (the part that comes before "@bethelks.edu" for the user name and then your entire email address for the password. You may change your password after you've logged in using the above information.
1. Click on this link: OFF-CAMPUS EBSCOHOST ACCESS
2. You'll see this screen.
PATRON ID = Your Bethel email prefix
PASSWORD = Your Bethel campus ID number
3. Once you are logged in, you'll see all available EBSCO resources. For EBSCOHost (Academic Search Premier, etc.), select the first option.